The Behavior of Animals: Mechanisms, Function And Evolution
Johan J. Bolhuis, Luc-Alain Giraldeau
This wide-ranging textbook provides a broad overview of the current state of animal behavior studies.
- An ideal textbook for undergraduate and graduate courses in biology, experimental psychology and neuroscience.
- Comprises a series of contributions from international experts.
- Represents a diverse set of approaches to animal behavior.
- Ranges across the subject all levels, from molecules and neurons to individuals and populations.
- Draws on the work of the pioneering Dutch ethologist, Niko Tinbergen.
- Addresses all four of Tinbergen’s key questions: causation, development, function, and evolution.
- Deals with contemporary subjects, such as animal welfare, conservation, neurobiology, and animal cognition.