What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
Aaron Abel Abigail Abigal Adams Amos Andover Andrew Anna Benjamin Betsy Betty Billerica Blodget Boston Butterfield Byam Capt Carlisle Chamberlin Charles Charlestown Concord Daniel David Deborah Dracut Dunstable Ebenezer Edward Eliza Elizabeth Ephraim Esther farmer Fletcher George Groton Hannah Harriet Henry Hildreth Isaac Jacob James Jane Jesse Joanna Joel John and Sarah Jonas Joseph and Mary Joshua Josiah July 18 July 25 July 30 June 18 June 24 Lidia Lowell Lucy Lydia Maria Martha Mary Ann Molly Moses N. H. int Nancy Nathaniel North Chelmsford Oliver Parker Parkhurst Peirce Phebe Phinehas Polly Procter Rachel Rebecca Rebeckah Reuben Richardson Robert Ruth Sally Sam[ue]ll Sary Sept Sherebiah Silas Simeon Spaulding Stephen Stevens Susan Susanah Susanna Tabitha Tewksbury Thankfull Thomas and Mary Timothy torn twin Tyngsborough W[illia]m Warren Westford widr Willard William Woburn Zachariah
Page 7 - Double-dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original, and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings.
Page 7 - These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerks' record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a married woman.
Page 7 - EXPLANATIONS The following records of births, marriages and deaths include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks ; in the church records ; in the...
Page 8 - Common land. May 14,* 1656 land granted to Chelmsford. May 31,* 1660 bounds between Chelmsford and the Indian plantation at Patucket established. June 27,* 1701 bounds between Chelmsford and Billerica established. Nov. 23,* 1725 part annexed to Littleton. June 13,* 1726 "Wameset" annexed. Sept. 23,* 1729 part established as Westford. April 24, 1755 part annexed to Dunstable. April 28, 1780 part included in the second district of Carlisle. Mar. 1, 1783 part of the second district of Carlisle annexed....
Page 171 - MARRIAGES TO THE END OF THE YEAR 1849 ABBOT (see also Abbott), Eunice E., and George R.
Page 7 - Vital records of Mansfield, Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1849. Salem, Mass.: Essex institute. 230 p. [2139 "Found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions, and "in private records found in family Bibles, etc." — Explanations. Vital records of the town of Truro, Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1849, literally transcribed under the direction of George Ernest Bowman. Boston, Mass.: Massachusetts society of Mayflower descendants,...
Page 8 - In ans* to the peticon of seuerall of the inhabitants of, Concord and Woobourne for the erecting of a new plantacon on Merremacke River, neere to Pawtuckett, the court doth graunt the peticoners of Concord and Woobourne the track of land...
Page 389 - Wenham, and continued as its pastor until 1656 when he removed with the greater part of his church to Chelmsford where he ministered both as pastor and physician, d.
Page 388 - John T., s. John and Lucy, Oct. 11, 1823, a. 8 y. GR 6.