Featuring new coverage of the brain and language, and lexical corpora, the 4th edition of Words in the Mind
offers readers the latest thinking about the ways in which we learn words, remember them, understand them, and find the ones we want to use.
- Explores the latest insights into the complex relationship between language, words, and the human mind, creating a rich and revealing resource for students and non-specialists alike
- Addresses the structure and content of the human word-store – the ‘mental lexicon’ – with particular reference to the spoken language of native English speakers
- Features a wealth of new material, including an all-new chapter focusing exclusively on the brain and language, and enhanced coverage of lexical corpora – computerized databases – and on lexical change of meaning
- Incorporates numerous updates throughout, including expansion of many notes and suggestions for further reading
- Comprises state-of-the-art research, yet remains accessible and student-friendly