Results 1-10 of 4
User Review - Flag as inappropriate

2012-12-13 读过 For the most of part, this book is classical one, however, I am really not a fan of this publish house, I always got confuse by all those typefaces it used. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Dylan Gerety - Goodreads

Pithy and lean, this manual to the essentials of effective written English presents its contents without frills, bells, or whistles. It takes off at full-stop and continues that way, making point ... Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Harry Green - Goodreads

Use this as a style guide for punchy, efficient writing. It certainly isn't applicable to everyone in any scenario; the author is often dictating his own preference, with unintentionally hilarity, such as "Don't write in foreign languages. Use English." Worth a read, for sure. Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Alex Obrigewitsch - Goodreads

Useful, but definitely not the word of God on writing. Writing is the ever shifting flux of growth, its rules meant to be stretched to the limits and broken, but only by those that have first mastered ... Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Bocia B. - Goodreads

85 pages of useful information on how to write in English language. As Stephen King said: "there is no detectable bullshit in that book. Every aspiring author should read The Elements of Style". Few rules are outdated, but we are talking about a 5%. The rest 95% is pure gold. Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Jianxinghuang - Goodreads

A very book handbook for non-English learner. To form a typical style of writing requires a long-term practice. Though today some tips has been out of time. But most parts of this book benefit readers. Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Cathleen Brannen - Goodreads

The single most useful book I ever read on improving one's writing style, regardless of what kind of writing you do. Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Stephen Harvey - Goodreads

If you own only one book on writing style them this is it. Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Eric - Goodreads

Concise, fun dry humor. A somewhat dry read, but worth it if you write at all. It serves as great inspiration for new techniques, words, and structures to add variation, impact, and energy to your writing. Read full review

Review: The Elements of Style

User Review  - Michelle - Goodreads

I find the need to read this every so often. It's a short, small book and is easily skimmable. Read full review


User ratings

5 stars
642
4 stars
274
3 stars
98
2 stars
32
1 star
22

5 stars - 642
4 stars - 274
3 stars - 98
2 stars - 32
1 star - 22
Unrated - 84

Editorial reviews - 0
User reviews - 4

Goodreads - 1124