This comprehensive resource contains a detailed methodology for assessing, analyzing and optimizing End-to-End Service Performance under different cellular technologies (GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA and CDMA2000). It includes guidelines for analyzing numerous different services, including FTP, WEB streaming and POC, including examples of analysis and troubleshooting from a user point-of-view.
- Focuses on the end-user perspective, with a detailed analysis of the main sources of service performance degradation and a comprehensive description of mobile data services
- Includes a detailed presentation of generic key performance indicators (KPIs) which can be re-defined to comply with each particular network
- Provides service performance benchmarking for different technologies from real networks
- Explores a new approach to service management known as customer experience management, including the reasons why it is overcoming traditional service management and its impact on revenues and customer satisfaction
- Illustrates all points throughout using real world examples gleaned from cutting-edge research
This book draws together findings from authoritative sources that will appeal to cellular network operators and vendors. The theory-based, practical approach will be of interest to postgraduate students and telecommunication and consulting companies working in the field of cellular technologies.