Frommer's New York State
, Nov 29, 2011
- 480 pages
- Insider advice on all that this diverse state has to offer, from New York City's historic West Village to the Glimmerglass Opera in Cooperstown, and from the wild beauty of the Adirondacks to prime leaf-peeping in the Hudson Valley. They've checked out all the state's best hotels and restaurants in person, and offer authoritative, candid reviews
- Where to find the best slice of pizza, the loveliest beaches on Long Island, the most scenic towns in the Finger Lakes Region, the original Buffalo wing, and, of course, the best homemade ice cream in the Hudson Valley.
- Insightful commentary on New York's wide array of historically significant sights and first class art museums, from New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.