The essential guide to the most popular painting mediums
Watercolor, Acrylic, Oil, Colored Pencil, Pastel
It's all here. Paint is the multi-medium book with all the essential information you need to achieve effects, express your creativity or try something new:
- Materials: Choose the paints, surfaces and tools that will yield the look you want.
- Color and Value: Learn how different pigments behave and how to orchestrate color and value for powerful paintings.
- Composition: Set up a still life, try a "composition chip" trick for dramatic landscapes, and learn the design principles that will make your paintings stronger.
- Techniques: Experiment with 60+ illustrated techniques, and start achieving light-filled watercolor glazes, expressive oil and acrylic brushstrokes, rich colored-pencil layers and lusciously smooth pastel passages.
- 15 Step-by-Step Painting Demonstrations: See the mediums in action and learn to paint a variety of popular still life and landscape subjects.
Packed with instruction and tips from top artists, Paint
is both a complete primer for beginners and a must-have reference for intermediate artists looking to challenge themselves with new mediums. Why wait? Paint!