This highly respected and famous book is a simple, readable guide to the accurate identification and interpretation of abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG) patterns, written for medical students, nurses and junior doctors. The emphasis throughout is on the straightforward practical application of the ECG. Generations of medical and health care staff have benefited from its clear-cut approach to this important investigation.
- A practical and highly informative guide to a difficult subject.
- Provides a full understanding of the ECG in the diagnosis and management of abnormal cardiac rhythms.
- Emphasises the role of the full 12 lead ECG with realistic reproduction of recordings.
- A new page size and text design give a much clearer presentation of the ECGs.
- An expanded section focuses on the practical aspects of making a recording.
- Over 20 new ECG recordings included.
- A new chapter on how to use the ECG.
- An expanded self-testing chapter with clinical scenarios and advice on clinical management. Detailed answers are cross-referenced to ECG in Practice and 150 ECG Problems to help the reader who wishes to read further on a topic.