Get expert advice on choosing and using cryptography products
Protect yourself and your business from online eavesdroppers — it’s easier than you think!
If you were hoping for a flame-throwing watch or a flying car, we’re sorry – this isn’t James Bond’s equipment manual. Cryptography is a common-sense way to secure stuff on the Internet, and this friendly guidebook makes it easy to understand. Discover how you can protect information with keys, ciphers, PKIs, certificates, and more.
Praise for Cryptography For Dummies
"Cryptography is absolutely fundamental to security, personal privacy and a trusted global economy. Everyone, and I mean everyone, should understand how to protect themselves and how cryptography is used to protect the world’s most important asset: information. Given her extraordinary background and practical experience in network security, Chey Cobb is uniquely qualified to simplify the mystique of cryptography for the average person."
– Winn Schwartau, President, GetInsightU.Com and author "Information Warfare"and "Pearl Harbor Dot Com"
Discover how to:
- Analyze off-the-shelf encryption products
- Decide what type of security you need
- Create and manage keys
- Issue digital signatures and certificates
- Set up SSL for e-commerce
- Enable wireless encryption