Meeting the Challenge of Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
Specifically for people who have been told they have or are developing the progressive form of multiple sclerosis, this book focuses on ways to manage the disease and its symptoms and to cope with the life changes that accompany it. It's organized around the following topics:
* What is progressive multiple sclerosis?
* How does it differ from relapsing MS?
* Symptoms and clinical patterns of MS
* Disease-modifying therapies
* Managing difficult symptoms, functional problems, and psychosocial concerns
* Strategies for dealing with issues of progressive disease
* Dealing with limitations on daily living, social activities and employment
* Tools for coping, self-management, problem-solving and planning
* Women's issues, men's issues and intimacy
* Health issues, including diet, nutrition and medical exams.