The revised and updated 2nd Edition provides a logical, practical framework for managing patients with hypertension. Today's leading experts discuss all aspects of the field-from pathophysiology, pharmacological treatments, and lifestyle modifications to secondary hypertension and cardiovascular complications.
- Assesses the risks of specific pharmacological treatments * offers expert analysis of recent clinical trials * and provides
- Delivers strategies for managing patients with comorbid conditions such as diabetes, renal disease, and ischemic heart disease.
- Explains the role of vascular biology in the pathogenesis of hypertension.
- Includes 11 new chapters: The National High Blood Pressure Education Program * Angiotensin 1-7 * Aldosterone and Minealocorticoids * Vasodilator Peptides * Clinical Outcome Trials of Hypertension with Angiotensin Receptor Blockers * ACE Inhibitor Trials: Effects in Hypertension * Obesity and Hypertension: Role of Diet Drugs * Exercise and Hypertension * Pharmacokinetics of Antihypertensive Drugs * Hypertension in Children * and Dietary Approaches to Hypertension Management: The DASH Studies.
- Provides complete revisions of all other existing chapters.
- Features new clinical pearls * evidence-based therapeutic ladders that summarize key therapy regimens * and preferred treatment boxes that highlight important information.