You Can Adopt: An Adoptive Families Guide (Google eBook)
Random House Publishing Group, Aug 11, 2009 - Family & Relationships - 240 pages
From Adoptive Families magazine, the country’s leading resource on adoption, this warm, authoritative book is full of practical, realistic advice from leading attorneys, doctors, social workers, and psychologists, as well as honest, intimate stories from real parents and children. You Can Adopt answers every question–even the ones you’re afraid to ask:
• When should I shift from fertility treatment to adoption?
• How do I talk to my spouse about adoption?
• Can we find a healthy baby?
• Do I need an attorney? An adoption agency?
• Can the birth mother take the baby back?
• How much will this really cost? How long will it take?
• Aren’t all adopted children unhappy?
• Can I love a child who “isn’t mine”?
• How can I ease the rest of my family into this decision?
Complete with checklists and worksheets, You Can Adopt will help make your dreams of family come true.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: You Can Adopt: An Adoptive Families GuideUser Review - Cassandra - Goodreads
I agree with another poster who said that this is the best adoption book read thus far. It's informative, not condescending, and offers a ton of food for thought. A lot of the information I already ... Read full review
Review: You Can Adopt: An Adoptive Families GuideUser Review - Melissa Petruzzello - Goodreads
Good info, was annoyed that every photo in the book was a white infant... Read full review
Working on an Adoption I 77
Can I Adopt a Healthy Child?
Why Is I here So Much Paperwork?
Why Docs I his 1 lave to lake So Long? i 5 3
Is This My Child?
What If ll Doesnt Work Out?
Parenting Your Adopted Child I
Is There a Greeting Card for This?
What Do I Tell My Child?
Who Needs to Know?
Is This Normal?
Adoption Terms I
One Last Thing I 28