New edition of a popular encyclopaedia of anaesthesia and intensive care medicine now greatly expanded with many additional entries and new artworks.
- Covers all aspects of anaesthesia and critical care medicine - pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment and the history of anaesthesia and intensive care.
- Succinct, clearly written text with associated diagrams make quick reference easy
- Entries arranged alphabetically, with extensive cross-referencing to related items to ensure full coverage of topics and ready access to related information
- Biographical details given for eponymous entries
- Extensively referenced throughout
- Particularly suitable for candidates of post-graduate examinations
- Additional line diagrams further enhance topic descriptions
- Contains a wide expansion of new entries and revisions of existing ones to reflect ongoing advances in the field