Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
This book will literally change the way you think about your next meal. Food psychologist Brian Wansink revolutionizes our awareness of how much, what, and why we’re eating—often without realizing it. His findings will astound you.
• Can the size of your plate really influence your appetite?
• Why do you eat more when you dine with friends?
• What “hidden persuaders” are used by restaurants and supermarkets to get us to overeat?
• How does music or the color of the room influence how much—and how fast—we eat?
• How can we “mindlessly” lose—instead of gain—up to twenty pounds in the coming year?
Starting today, you can make more mindful, enjoyable, and healthy choices at the dinner table, in the supermarket, at the office—wherever you satisfy your appetite.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We ThinkUser Review - Ali Crain - Goodreads
Most of this book was a reiteration of information I already knew - but conveniently forgot I liked the studies that were done and the tips at the end. Reminder to self to change from eating mindlessly (junk) to eating mindfully (healthy). Read full review
Review: Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We ThinkUser Review - Larry John - Goodreads
Good book but too much studies described within. They started to sound all alike. Read full review