Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
This book will literally change the way you think about your next meal. Food psychologist Brian Wansink revolutionizes our awareness of how much, what, and why we’re eating—often without realizing it. His findings will astound you.
• Can the size of your plate really influence your appetite?
• Why do you eat more when you dine with friends?
• What “hidden persuaders” are used by restaurants and supermarkets to get us to overeat?
• How does music or the color of the room influence how much—and how fast—we eat?
• How can we “mindlessly” lose—instead of gain—up to twenty pounds in the coming year?
Starting today, you can make more mindful, enjoyable, and healthy choices at the dinner table, in the supermarket, at the office—wherever you satisfy your appetite.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We ThinkUser Review - Kim Landwehr - Goodreads
This is not a diet it book. It is about why we eat what we eat. i found it interesting and informative. It talks about the tricks that food companies use to sell you their products and some tips you can use to fight them. Read full review
Review: Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We ThinkUser Review - Vikas Agarwal - Goodreads
A book that explores how our psychological biases and quirks affect the way we eat and drink; And by extension what can we do to improve our eating habits. A very quick read backed up with hard numbers and a good structure. Read full review