This distinguished reference carries on a 70-year legacy as the world's most thorough, useful, readable, and understandable text on the principles and techniques of surgery. Its peerless contributors deliver all the well-rounded, state-of-the-art knowledge you need to richly grasp the pathophysiology and optimal management of every surgical condition-so you can make the best clinical decisions, avoid complications, manage unusual situations, and achieve the best possible outcomes. It is a valuable review tool for certification/recertification preparation, and an indispensable source of guidance on overcoming the challenges that arise in everyday practice. As an Expert Consult title, this thoroughly updated 18th edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable-enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Provides a more distinguished team of contributors and a better blend of clinical and basic-science information than any other source, providing you with the best possible understanding of the clinical issues surrounding every operative situation.
- Features a more user-friendly format, a larger and more helpful array of full-color illustrations, and a more versatile and well-constructed web site than other resources-making the answers that you need easier to locate and understand quickly.
- Offers an organization and content that parallels the written board American Board of Surgery exam, providing excellent preparation for certification and recertification.
- Includes access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Incorporates an enhanced emphasis on surgical outcomes to mirror the growing importance of this topic.
- Delivers comprehensive updates to keep you current with the latest research, techniques, and emerging procedures in the field, as well as completely new chapters on "Surgical Patient Safety" and "Regenerative Medicine."
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.