Your 24/7 Online Job Search Guide
Getting a job is a race to the finish line . . .
So why walk when you can run?
You might think that only techies and geeks look for jobs online and that only high-tech companies list their openings on Web sites. But you'd be wrong. In the information age, going online is often the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to find what you're looking for-and that holds true for job hunters, too. In fact, if you aren't online, you're missing out on thousands of opportunities in almost every field.
And you don't have to be a computer genius. All you need is access to the Internet and a little bit of guidance. Using the Internet-and this book-you can get your name and resume in front of more people in an hour than you can in a week using conventional methods. Your 24/7 Online Job Search Guide is designed for those who don't have much computer experience. Fast, easy, and informative, this book gives you the knowledge you need to get online-and get a job. Topics include:
* An introduction to the Internet and the job-search resources you can find online
* Assessing your goals and getting started
* Protecting yourself from identity theft and other frauds
* Building your online resume
* Using e-mail, Usenet, mailing lists, and newsgroups
* The best job-search sites and industry-specific sites on the Web
* Technical terms you might need to know
* Using corporate information sites to investigate a particular company
* Doing in-person interviews
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.