Morgan Kaufmann, 1993 - Computers - 362 pages
Written by the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia, this book is an excellent guide to the methods of usability engineering. The book provides the tools needed to avoid usability surprises and improve product quality. Step-by-step information on which method to use at various stages during the development lifecycle are included, along with detailed information on how to run a usability test and the unique issues relating to international usability.
* Emphasizes cost-effective methods that developers can implement immediately
* Instructs readers about which methods to use when, throughout the development lifecycle, which ultimately helps in cost-benefit analysis.
* Shows readers how to avoid the four most frequently listed reasons for delay in software projects.
* Includes detailed information on how to run a usability test.
* Covers unique issues of international usability.
* Features an extensive bibliography allowing readers to find additional information.
* Written by an internationally renowned expert in the field and the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia.
What people are saying - Write a review
What Is Usability?
Generations of User Interfaces
The Usability Engineering Lifecycle
Chapters Usability Heuristics
Usability Assessment Methods beyond
achieve application better changes command consistency cost customers dialog box dialogue discussed documentation error messages example experience experimenter expert users feedback given goal graphical user interfaces guidelines help system heuristic evaluation Human Factors Human-Computer Interaction hypertext icons impact important indicate input interface standards interviews issues iterative design large number learning logging manual measured menu mode mouse Nielsen normally novice users number of test number of users observation online help operating options parallel design participatory design perform personal computer possible Proc prototype questionnaires questions scenarios screen session shows single specific spreadsheet subjective satisfaction task analysis techniques test tasks test users thinking-aloud tion typical usability attributes usability engineering usability laboratory usability methods usability principles usability problems usability specialists usability testing user inter user interface design user testing user's videotape word processor
Knowledge Engineering and Management: The CommonKADS Methodology
Limited preview - 2000
All Book Search results »