The Giftionary: An A-Z Reference Guide for Solving Your Gift-Giving Dilemmas . . . Forever!
St. Martin's Press
, May 20, 2003
- 208 pages
Having Trouble Finding That Perfect Gift? No Need to Worry. The Giftionary is Here!
Almost everyone at some point in their lives has been stumped at the prospect of buying a gift. Whether for a birthday, holiday, special event, or just to express our feelings, many of us continually struggle to find the unique gift no one has, one that won’t be returned, and one that will be remembered forever. Now with The Giftionary, your friends, families, and loved ones will be in awe of you and your gifts. From birthday presents to edible treats, party favors to housewarming presents people will actually use, this creative, indispensable guide can help you find the perfect gift for any occasion.
Is someone you know turning 50? You could:
- Find vintage candies from their youth and pack them in a nostalgic tin.
- Give them a trip to Hawaii--the US's 50th state.
Have a wedding anniversary coming up? You could:
- Visit a stamp store and find a beautiful stamp issued in the couple’s wedding year.
- Recreate the flowers in your wife’s bridal bouquet and send them to her on your anniversary.
Want to make a sick or injured friend feel better? You could:
- Fill a teapot, bag, or basket with assorted teas and honey. Add a note that says: “Here’s a little tea-l-c!”
- Send a card a day during a hospital stay.
Dying to dazzle that special woman or man in your life? You could:
- Give her a shoebox filled with treasures for her tootsies—and a gift certificate for a pedicure.
- Take ballroom dance lessons together.
Want to give a gift that will truly make them say, “Wow!”? You could:
- Rent the car of his dreams for a day and hand the keys to that lucky person.
- Hire a personal chef to come in and cook a gourmet dinner for a night or two.
A complete and timeless guide, full of fabulous ideas, The Giftionary is a must-have for anyone who’s agonized over gift-giving or just wants to leave an impression that will last a lifetime.