examines the new and rapidly developing fieldof media studies to discover what insights it has to offer studentsand general readers as they negotiate their way through the new -and thoroughly saturated - media environment.
- Explores how recent changes in our media affect the way wewatch older media like television, movies, and radio, and offer uprich new interactive media, like video games and the internet
- The perfect introduction to the field of media studies
- Chronicles the recent dramatic changes in communicationtechnologies, arguing that most of life itself is now experiencedas 'mediated'
- Discusses the development of cable and satellite television,VCRs, DVDs, the internet and personal computers
- Emphasizes the broader political, social, and economic contextwithin which these important new technologies havedeveloped