Primary Dermatologic Care
Uses a symptom-based approach to cover approximately 125 commonly seen disorders. Each dermatologic disorder includes the definition, etiology, pathophysiology,signs and symptoms, differential diagnosis, treatment and patient education, along with protocols for follow-up including expected duration of the symptoms as needed. A color atlas is presented to provide clarity. The featured patient education materials simplify pathophysiology, etiology for the patient and provide information on follow up. This patient teaching guide will be provided in an appendix that can be photocopied for educational use.
· Practical, user-friendly guide for the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic disorders frequently seen by primary care practitioners.
· Unique chapter organization conveniently locates symptom/differential diagnoses tables near commonly grouped illustrations to easily determine the correct diagnosis.
· Treatment chapters follow.
· Free on-line patient education handouts include information specific to patients and cultural reminders.
· Collaborative advice provides guidelines on when to refer and how to collaborate with specialists.
· Essential, readable patient education material, designed to copy and give to patients, saves time for busy clinicians.
· Patient education boxes focus provider education.
42 pages matching eczema in this book
Results 1-3 of 42
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Acneiform Lesions and Pustules p
Blistering Vesiculobullous Lesions
21 other sections not shown
acne Acne vulgaris allergic alopecia antibiotic applied bid areas Assessrnerit Clinical Presertation asymptomatic bacterial biopsy Burow's solution Candidiasis central chronic Clinical dermatology common contact dermatitis corticosteroids cosmetic cream crust cysts dermatologist Diagriosis Diagrostics Differential Diagnosis disease disorder eczema effective Epidermiology epidermis eruption erythematous erythematous base erythematous lesions erythematous papules erythromycin excision Figure follicular Folliculitis fungal helpful herpes simplex hyperkeratotic Impetigo Indications for Referral infection inflammation inflammatory keratosis laser lesions lesions are usually Lichen planus lotion macular macules malignant melanoma mg PO qd Mosby multiple nail plate neck nevus nodule occur onychomycosis oral Overview Pathophysiology papules papules and pustules patches patients Pediculosis Pharrnacologic Topical Agents pigmented plaques present pruritus Psoriasis pustules result rmerlt Nor pharrnacologic scale scalp scaly Seborrheic dermatitis skin biopsy St Louis steroids sun exposure sun-exposed sunscreen surface Systemic Agents therapy Tinea Topical Agents trauma Treat rmerlt treatment ulcer urticaria vesicles vulgaris warts weeks