Primary Dermatologic Care
Uses a symptom-based approach to cover approximately 125 commonly seen disorders. Each dermatologic disorder includes the definition, etiology, pathophysiology,signs and symptoms, differential diagnosis, treatment and patient education, along with protocols for follow-up including expected duration of the symptoms as needed. A color atlas is presented to provide clarity. The featured patient education materials simplify pathophysiology, etiology for the patient and provide information on follow up. This patient teaching guide will be provided in an appendix that can be photocopied for educational use.
· Practical, user-friendly guide for the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic disorders frequently seen by primary care practitioners.
· Unique chapter organization conveniently locates symptom/differential diagnoses tables near commonly grouped illustrations to easily determine the correct diagnosis.
· Treatment chapters follow.
· Free on-line patient education handouts include information specific to patients and cultural reminders.
· Collaborative advice provides guidelines on when to refer and how to collaborate with specialists.
· Essential, readable patient education material, designed to copy and give to patients, saves time for busy clinicians.
· Patient education boxes focus provider education.
61 pages matching oral in this book
Results 1-3 of 61
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Acneiform Lesions and Pustules p
Blistering Vesiculobullous Lesions
26 other sections not shown
acne Acne vulgaris alopecia antibiotic appear applied bid areas Assessment Clinical Presentation asymptomatic bacterial biopsy border Candidiasis chronic Clinical dermatology comedones common commonly contact dermatitis corticosteroids cosmetic cream crust cysts dermatologist develop Differential Diagnosis disease dose eczema effective Epidemiology epidermis eruption erythematous erythematous base erythematous papules erythromycin excision Figure Folliculitis fungal Furuncles hair follicles helpful herpes simplex Impetigo Indications for Referral infection inflammation inflammatory itching keratosis laser lesions lesions are usually lotion macular macules malignant melanoma mg PO qd Mosby multiple nail plate neck nevus nodule onychomycosis oral Overview Pathophysiology papules papules and pustules patches patients Pediculosis Pharmacologic Topical Agents pigmented Pityriasis plaques pruritus Psoriasis pustular pustules result scale scalp scaly Seborrheic dermatitis skin biopsy spontaneously St Louis steroids sun exposure sun-exposed sunscreen surface Systemic Agents telangiectasias therapy Tinea Tinea versicolor Topical Agents trauma Treatment Non pharmacologic trunk ulcer urticaria vesicles vulgaris warts weeks