Boogers Are My Beat: More Lies, but Some Actual Journalism (Google eBook)
The New York Times calls him “the funniest man in America,” and his legions of fans agree, laughing and snorting as they put his books on bestseller lists nationwide.
In Boogers Are My Beat, Dave gives us the real scoop on:
• The scientific search for the world’s funniest joke (you can bet it includes the word “weasel”)
• RV camping in the Wal-Mart parking lot
• Outwitting “smart” kitchen appliances and service contracts
• Elections in Florida (“You can’t spell Florida without ‘duh’”)
• The Olympics, where people from all over the world come together to accuse each other of cheating
• The truth about the Dakotas, the Lone Ranger, and feng shui
• The choice between death and taxes
And much, much more—including some truths about journalism and serious thoughts about 9/11.
Dave Barry won the Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 1988, and his columns are syndicated in more than 500 newspapers. His most recent books, Dave Barry Is Not Taking This Sitting Down and the novels Big Trouble and Tricky Business, were national bestsellers. He lives in Miami, Floriduh.
Also available as an eBook
From the Hardcover edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Boogers Are My Beat: More Lies, But Some Actual Journalism!User Review - Jack Oughton - Goodreads
Terrible book title but this guy can be truly hilarious. Read full review
Review: Boogers Are My Beat: More Lies, But Some Actual Journalism!User Review - Steven - Goodreads
I felt that the humor was on par with Barry's other nonfiction works, but what impressed me the most about this book were the final two essays. The first was written immediately after 9/11, the second ... Read full review