Tip It!: The World According to Maggie (Google eBook)
There are at least five good reasons to Tip It! right now.
1. My daughter Kathy put out her memoir last year, which was real nice except for the controversial parts. And it got to be a #1 New York Times bestseller. Congratulations, Kathleen! But now it’s my turn. I’ve written my own book. I have things to say, too, without having to be all controversial like you were. Tip it!
2. People recognize me on the street a lot now and come over, nicely, and say “Maggie, you remind me of my own mother.” And they say “Maggie, I love your show”—referring to Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List as my show. Sometimes I correct them, I say, “Oh, it’s not my show.” But sometimes . . . I don’t correct them. It’s kind of fun being a star, isn’t it Tip it!
3. If you want to know a few things about my daughter Kathleen that only a mother could know (How the heck did she get this way? Did she always swear so much, for Chrissake?), you have come to the right book. Tip it!
4. You know how a box of wine is never empty just because the spigot seems to have run dry (There’s always a little more if you just tip it!) This book is like that. There’s so much in it—never-before-published Griffin family photos!, a love story (me and my dear departed husband Johnny), a whole guide to good living (including how to survive on what’s in your purse), and a lot of funny business in this book from Kathleen (she made comments in this book; readers, I was not able to stop her!). So take this book and Tip It!
5. And be sure to get the last drop out of living. Isn’t it nice that “Tip It” acts as a toast I’m 90 years old, and I think “Tip It!” even works pretty well as a motto for living to the fullest. So, Tip It! today.
A funny thing happened on the way to Kathy Griffin’s skyrocketing stardom. The more she told stories about her mother, Maggie, in her stand-up act and on her Emmy-winning television show, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, the more popular her mother became. (At the mere mention of Maggie, a stadium full of fans will cheer, “Tip It! Tip It!”)
Shocked by Kathy, exasperated by Kathy, grudgingly amused by Kathy, and at the end of the day, always a loving mother to Kathy, Maggie Griffin has become the darling Gracie to Kathy’s George Burns, the wry Cher to Kathy’s Sonny Bono, the spry, sweet Roadrunner to Kathy’s Wile E. Coyote.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Tip It!: The World According to MaggieUser Review - Kim - Goodreads
While I did enjoy "parts" of this book, I couldn't score it very high for the parts that just were not that enjoyable to read. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Maggie Griffin and I have mucho respect for ... Read full review
Review: Tip It!: The World According to MaggieUser Review - Tammy - Goodreads
I liked it better than Kathy's Book!!! Read full review
The Amorous Busboy of Decatur Avenue: A Child of the Fifties Looks Back
Limited preview - 2005
Use It Up Wear It Out Make It Do
Maggies Thrifty Tips for Going Green
My Boys Bill and Anderson
The Many Uses of Rubber Bands
I Have Other Kids Besides Kathy Part 3
An Open Letter to the Bastard Who Stole Our Sword
Maggies Curse Word Dos and Donts
Mom Manager Momager
Ways Kathy Is Screwing Up Her Life
I Have Other Kids Besides Kathy Part 1
I Want My MaggieTV
How to Throw a Party Griffin Style
Ive Met Celebrities
I Can Live Out of My Purse
Maggies Guide to LA Hotspots
I Have Other Kids Besides Kathy Part 2
I Am Maggie Hear Me Roar
Maggies Beauty Tips
Things That Are a Pain in My Fanny
How the Remote Control and Progress in General Ruined My Life
Places They Wont Find Your Body for Days
I Have Other Kids Besides Kathy Part 4
Maggie Fixes the Movies
Maggies Dating Rules for a Young Gentleman or Lady
Life Is a Box of Wine
Tips for Tippin It