'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet's latest Great Britain guide book and includes:
- Snowdonia & North Wales chapter
- Understanding Great Britain
- Snowdonia & North Wales maps
North Wales distils the very essence of Welshiness: you'll hear the language on the street, soak up the cultural pride in galleries and museums, and see the Celtic legacy in the landscape, from the North Coast beaches to the burgeoning northeast.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Snowdonia & North Wales, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets - all the essentials to get to the heart of Snowdonia & North Wales.
- Understanding Great Britain: Britain Today, History, The British Table, Architecture in Britain, British Literature, Visual & Performing Arts in Britain, The British Landscape, Sporting Britain, Directory, Transport and Glossary
- North Coast & Borders, Llangollen, Llandudno, Conwy, Isle of Anglesey, West of Snowdonia, Caernarfon, Llyn Peninsula, Snowdonia National Park, Snowdon & around, Betws-y-Coed and Bala (Y Bala) & around.
Lonely Planet's Great Britain guide is researched and written by: David Else, Peter Dragicevich, Belinda Dixon, Joe Bindloss, Neil Wilson, Marc Di Duca, Oliver Berry, Andy Symington, Etain O'Carroll, David Atkinson, Catherine Le Nevez, Fionn Davenport