Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids, Volume 2
Edward D. Palik
Academic Press, 1991 - Optical constants - 1096 pages
This handbook--a sequel to the widely used Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids--contains critical reviews and tabulated values of indexes of refraction (n) and extinction coefficients (k) for almost 50 materials that were not covered in the original handbook. For each material, the best known n and k values have been carefully tabulated, from the x-ray to millimeter-wave region of the spectrum by expert optical scientists. In addition, the handbook features thirteen introductory chapters that discuss the determination of n and k by various techniques.
* Contributors have decided the best values for n and k
* References in each critique allow the reader to go back to the original data to examine and understand where the values have come from
* Allows the reader to determine if any data in a spectral region needs to be filled in
* Gives a wide and detailed view of experimental techniques for measuring the optical constants n and k
* Incorporates and describes crystal structure, space-group symmetry, unit-cell dimensions, number of optic and acoustic modes, frequencies of optic modes, the irreducible representation, band gap, plasma frequency, and static dielectric constant
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
1991 by Academic absorption coefficient absorption edge absorption spectrum Academic Press aluminum angle of incidence Appl axis band gap bulk CaF2 calculated Cardona CONSTANTS OF SOLIDS crystalline curve density deposited determined dielectric constant dielectric function dispersion Drude electron ellipsometry equations exciton frequency given HANDBOOK OF OPTICAL i i i index of refraction infrared interband interface K-K analysis lattice layer light Magnesium Fluoride material metals method MgF2 mode MSFTI multiphonon obtained optical constants optical properties oscillator oxide parameters peak photon photon energy Phys Physics plane plasmon polarization polyethylene prism radiation reflectance data reflectance measurements refractive index reported reststrahlen room temperature sample scattering semiconductors single crystals solid line spectra spectral range spectral region spectrum Spinel structure substrate superlattice surface TABLE II Continued technique thickness thin films transitions transmission vacuum valence band values vector versus wavelength wavelength wavelength in micrometers