Latino Boom!: Everything You Need to Know to Grow Your Business in the U.S. Hispanic Market
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re selling Pampers, blue jeans, cars, or credit cards, the Hispanic community is a market you must include in your business plans.”
It’s the largest demographic group in America–and one with an ever-expanding buying power. Now media pioneer Chiqui Cartagena, an expert on the Hispanic market, has written an indispensable, fact-packed guide that will help anyone trying to successfully reach this crucial community.
The median household income of a Hispanic family is already $4,000 higher than that of an African American family; the disposable income of the Hispanic population is expected to top $1 trillion by 2010; and the average Hispanic citizen is ten years younger than the general market. The business opportunities are endless, but only if you know whom to hire, what to sell, and where to target.
Latino Boom! explains all that and much more, including
• the best ways to approach the three different Latino groups (Isolated, Acculturated, and Assimilated)
• the reasons why “other” Hispanics (those who aren’t Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Cuban) have become an increasingly important sub group
• the increasing influence of consumer-savvy Hispanic teenagers, who play an important role in urban trendsetting
• why Latino consumer behavior makes for a different market than that of the general market or other minority markets
• why companies can succeed wildly or fail miserably in trying to reach this market
• the key differences among America’s top ten cities with the largest Latino populations
Any company will benefit from the authoritative advice in this easy-to-use guide. As Chiqui Cartagena says, “You can spend $20,000 on a consultant, or you can buy this book.”
32 pages matching companies in this book
Results 1-3 of 32
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY
LATINO U S A
THE PERFECT MARKET
7 other sections not shown
2002 National Survey According to Synovate acculturation African American Angeles Asian bilingual brand broadcast cable network CHART companies ComScore corporate America Country of Origin Cubans culture demographic Editorial Televisa English English-dominant English-language Espanol ethnic foreign born Galavision Global Insight growing growth Grupo Televisa Hispanic agencies Hispanic buying power Hispanic community Hispanic consumers Hispanic magazine Hispanic Market Report Hispanic media Hispanic online Hispanic population immigrants important industry Internet language usage Latin America Latino community Latino population launch Mexican Mexico Miami million multicultural newspapers Nielsen Media Research panic market percent Pew Hispanic Center programming Puerto Ricans Rico Selig Center Source Spain Spanish Spanish-dominant Spanish-language media Spanish-language radio Spanish-language television Spanish-language TV Spanish-speaking speak stations Suro Survey of Latinos Synovate Telefutura Telemundo telenovelas tion Total Population TV Azteca U.S. born U.S. Census Bureau U.S. Hispanic Market United Univision York