The Seventeenth Century Handbook
provides the undergraduate with a succinct account of the century’s events, along with an exploration of the ways the literature reflected and helped shape the history of the time.
- Provides a coherent narrative of the entire century of literary history as well as an easy-to-use guide to the principal literary works and figures
- Offers an exploration of the ways the literature reflected and helped shape the history of the time
- Describes the continuities as well as the radical changes in this century of civil war and reformation
- Combines a central narrative account of “texts and contexts” with a selection of brief essays on key texts and topics
- Includes an alphabetical selection of capsule descriptions of important writers