Here's the completely revised, updated, and streamlined 5th Edition of the acclaimed reference on infectious diseases in children. The New Edition reflects all of today's significant changes and advances in the treatment of pediatric infectious disease-providing readers with the most complete information on the full range of diseases. It offers unparalleled coverage of immunology, epidemiology, public health, preventive medicine, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more.
- Includes separate chapters for infections in children with bone marrow, heart, liver, and kidney transplantations.
- Offers full-chapter coverage of infections related to prosthetic or artificial devices · central line infections · mechanisms of emerging microbial resistance · antibiotic dosing and renal or hepatic failure and drug interactions of antibiotics · and outpatient intravenous antibiotic therapy.
- Discusses infections related to plastic surgery procedures, including complex craniotomy procedures and skin grafts.
- Presents expanded discussions of the treatment of sinusitius · post-operative median sternotomy infections · treatment and the duration of therapy for brain abscess · Candida renal abscess in the neonate · chronic osteomyelitis · infections related to arthroscopy · duration of therapy for invasive aspergillus · and travel medicine.
- Includes a new section on perinatal or natal transmission of hepatitis C, plus a completely new chapter on hepatitis G.
- Offers new coverage of the treatment options for ruptured or complicated appendicitis · hepato-splenic "cat scratch" fever · periodic fever with ulcer · pharyngitis · adenitis · chronic fatigue syndrome · and hemophagocytic syndrome.