The Emperor Constantine
Constantine is a convenient and concise account of one of the most important figures in ancient history. Hans Pohlsander:
* describes the Roman world into which Constantine was born
* assesses Constantine's ability as soldier and statesman
* emphasizes the significance of Constantine as Rome's first Christian emperor
* discusses the importance of the establishment of the new capital at Byzantium
* gives an even-handed assessment of Constantine's achievement
* incorporates a cultural and artistic focus, analyzing coins, architecture, sculpture and painting of the period.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.