Pro Tools for Musicians and Songwriters (Google eBook)
You’ve got the power. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on recording-studio time anymore. Now, using Pro Tools—a digital-audio workstation—you can record demos at home on your own computer, edit tracks, add effects, and even output songs to a CD. But if you’re new to working with sound digitally, you face a daunting learning curve. Getting your music gear to work with your desktop computer or laptop—and producing results that you like—involves some unfamiliar tools and concepts.
At last, here’s a Pro Tools book written by a musician for other musicians! Author Gina Fant-Saez knows first-hand how frustrating it can be when you first make the move to using this complex, studio-quality audio application. Rather than overwhelm you with every detail of the program and complicated terminology or functions you’ll never use, Pro Tools for Musicians and Songwriters teaches only the essentials you need to record, enhance, and output your music.
With downloadable audio files from www.protoolsformusicians.com to help you get started, Pro Tools for Musicians and Songwriters will show you how to:
• Use a metronome (click track) or percussion loop to help you keep time when you record
• Record and combine multiple takes to create one seamless composition
• Edit your tracks with crossfades, panning, doubling, automation more[
• Add and manipulate plug-in effects, such as reverb
• Share your Pro Tools files with other musicians around the globe
• Output your finished composition to a CD
What people are saying - Write a review
Great book for musicians that don't want a bunch of theory and just want to know how to use ProTools to create good music fast and effectively. Easy to read and apply. Taught me many tricks that would have been difficult to learn from other books that I have bought and/or trail and error. Highly recommended!!