Brown skin has a naturally warm, glowing complexion that ranges in shade from yellow to olive to dark brown and black (Asian, Latin, African-American, and Native American skin). The extra melanin that imparts these rich tones and helps protect skin from the sun can also make brown skin vulnerable to discoloration, uneven tone, scarring, and breakouts. This unique book will help you enhance and protect the health and beauty of your brown skin, as well as your hair and nails. Dr. Susan Taylor, a Harvard-trained dermatologist, bases her advice on more than twenty years of experience treating patients in private practice and at the Skin of Color Center in New York City, which she founded.
Dr. Taylor explains how to:
- Attain and maintain flawless skin
- Avoid breakouts, discolorations, and ashen skin
- Prevent and camouflage scars
- Choose and use makeup for a perfect match year-round
- Style hair safely to avoid damage, hair loss, and skin irritation
- Detect and protect against skin cancer
. . . and much more!