Food and Beverage Management
Elsevier Butterworth-Hein, 2008 - Business & Economics - 426 pages
Food and Beverage Management 4e provides a complete introduction to this vital area of hospitality management.
Now in its fourth edition, this best-selling text has been completely revised and restructured to reflect current practice and teaching and includes updated information on all areas, especially technology, operations and staffing issues. Each chapter has a user friendly structure including aims, exercises and further study hints.
Food and Beverage Management 4e is the introductory bible for people entering food and beverage management studies or practice.
* What is quality and how to manage it
* Getting started in the restaurant business
* Menu planning
* Food and beverage operations and control
* Staffing issues including recruitment and turnover
* Marketing including public relations and merchandising
* Trends and development including franchising and environmental issues
* Real-life cases from industry leaders, including practical examples and illustrations to clearly explain the critical points raised
* Fully revised and updated with new material relating to food and beverage management operations and technology
* Support from online lecturer material with PowerPoint slides, solutions to exercises, extra case studies and web links
What people are saying - Write a review
Dear All Readers,
Good book for Hotel Management and the retail sectors.Anyone who uses this for research gets a good grasp of the subject.
N D Deshpande, Assistant Professor, SIHMCT