The New Edition of this clinically focused, portable manual provides concise information on the diagnosis and management of the full range of pediatric emergencies. Organized to move readers quickly from initial diagnosis to successful treatment, each chapter provides extensive differential diagnosis lists followed by treatment guidelines-all in a "cookbook" format that enables readers to find exactly what they need in seconds.
- Organizes chapters on trauma, ingestions, and orthopaedic emergencies from situations requiring the least to the most emergency care.
- Features the expertise of renowned authors and clinicians, Roger M. Barkin and Peter Rosen.
- Presents all information in a concise, consistent, and easy-to-read bulleted format.
- Features completely revised and updated content from cover to cover, including the latest drug information (new drugs, dosages, and interactions) and references.
- Includes a wealth of new algorithms on resuscitation, incorporating those recently published by the AAP and AHA.
- Offers expanded number of signs and symptoms at the beginning of each diagnostic chapter
- Includes an updated reference card, a portable, quick reference guide to drugs and procedures commonly used in pediatric emergencies.