, Feb 6, 2012
- 448 pages
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you explore some of Portugal's greatest gems, from Lisbon's Alfama to the beaches of the Algarve, and from the Palácio Nacional de Sintra in Sintra to the Quinta Palmeira Gardens in Madeira. Plus tips for navigating the country's lovely but less-traveled corners, like Trás-os-Mantes, the Minho, and even The Azores.
- Where to find the absolute best seafood in Lisbon, the tastiest fruit in Sintra and Alcobaça, and the finest wines that Portugal has to offer.
- Insightful commentary on Portugal's dazzling array of architectural masterpieces, from the Gothic Mosteiro de Santa Maria da Vitória in Alcobaça to the Baroque Palácio Nacional de Queluz.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.