The clinical diagnosis of Asperger's can be intimidating for you and your child. Often the focus is on your child's "disabilities" rather than his "abilities," and you may be left wondering what you should expect as he journeys through life. The Everything Parent's Guide to Children with Asperger's Syndrome, 2nd Edition
helps you take the first steps toward understanding how this developmental disorder may impact your child. This uncomplicated handbook introduces you to Asperger's and helps you to:
- Get a diagnosis and understand the results
- Identify triggers that can lead to sensory overload
- Recognize symptoms of meltdowns and work to prevent them
- Educate family and friends about Asperger's
- Discover support groups for yourself and your child
Now revised and updated, this new edition includes information on educational concerns and social interactions. This is the only resource you need to help your child overcome the obstacles of Asperger's and find success—and happiness.