On the First Edition:
"The book is a success in providing a comprehensive introductionto the use of aluminum structures . . . contains lots of usefulinformation."
—Materials & Manufacturing Processes
"A must for the aluminum engineer. The authors are to becommended for their painstaking work."
—Light Metal Age
Technical guidance and inspiration for designing aluminumstructures
Aluminum Structures, Second Edition demonstrates howstrong, lightweight, corrosion-resistant aluminum opens up a wholenew world of design possibilities for engineering and architectureprofessionals. Keyed to the revised Specification for AluminumStructures of the 2000 edition of the Aluminum DesignManual, it provides quick look-up tables for designcalculations; examples of recently built aluminum structures-frombuildings to bridges; and a comparison of aluminum to otherstructural materials, particularly steel. Topics coveredinclude:
- Structural properties of aluminum alloys
- Aluminum structural design for beams, columns, and tensionmembers
- Extruding and other fabrication techniques
- Welding and mechanical connections
- Aluminum structural systems, including space frames, compositemembers, and plate structures
- Inspection and testing
- Load and resistance factor design
- Recent developments in aluminum structures