Cats first purred their way into human hearts thousands of years ago, and have been our treasured companions and soul mates ever since. Whether impish kittens, regal adult cats or serene seniors, it’s impossible for us to remain indifferent to them—especially at 4 A.M. when the food bowl runs dry! So smile at their many "c'attitudes," and feed your feline passion by "purr-using" wonderful stories like these:
- A Russian blue comforts his mourning owner by faithfully bringing her flowers
- An heroic red tabby Manx saves the family he loves from a lethal gas leak in their home
- A Devon rex with extraordinary talents—including playing the piano—expands people's notions of what a cat can do
- A fish-loving shorthair nearly loses his head while scavenging in the garbage disposal—but lives to meow about it
- A three-legged kitty befriends a lonely third-grade girl, transforming her world and inspiring her future success in life
From playful and hilarious accounts of life with cats to heartwarming tales of cat courage, healing and learning, each touching story in Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul celebrates the special bond we share with our cats.