Big Bucks: The Fast Cash of Stock Car Racing
- Anything NASCAR is hot, hot, hot!
- Solid information with up-to-the-minute graphic appeal.
- Series features include photos, diagrams, glossary, and resources.
Grades 5-8 Standards for Social Studies
Individual Development & Identity
- Explore factors that contribute to one's personal identity like interests and abilities.
- Analyze a particular event to identify reasons individuals might respond to it in different ways.
- Work independently and cooperatively to accomplish goals.
Individuals, Groups, & Institutions
- Identify examples of institutions and describe the interactions of people with institutions.
- Give examples of the role of institutions in furthering continuity and change.
Production, Distribution, & Consumption
- Distinguish between needs and wants.
- Describe the influence of incentives, values, traditions, and habits on economic decisions.
- Explain/demonstrate the role of money in everyday life.
3 pages matching started NASCAR in this book
Results 1-3 of 3
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Tracks Paved With Gold
2 other sections not shown
advertise afford to race amount of money BIG BUCKS Bill France bonus payment goes Brian France Contingency corporate sponsors COST OF RACING Dale Jarrett Daytona 500 Daytona Beach Daytona International Speedway dollars in sponsorships driver who leads drivers earn Drivers race earn money expensive fans five extra points FRONT RUNNER AWARD Front Runner points G BUCKS Gatorade Front Runner host Nextel Cup HOSTING NASCAR hundred dollars International Speedway Corporation Joe Gibbs Kyle Petty logo or name lot of money motor oil NASCAR drivers NASCAR events NASCAR race cars NASCAR teams Nextel Cup races Number percent Primary sponsors Prize money comes PRIZES AND SALARIES racers racetrack owners racing in NASCAR racing team rewards the teams RISING COST six million dollars Speedway Motorsports spend money sponsor racing Sponsors pay sponsorship can cost sponsorship money started NASCAR stock car racing Sunoco team's television networks Today top drivers Track owners earn TRACKS PAVED