Star Wars: The Making of Episode I, The Phantom Menace
In 1977, George Lucas brought Star Wars to the big screen--and made science-fiction cinema history. Now, more than twenty years later, the visionary writer-director, his brilliant crew of special-effects wizards, and an exciting cast of talented stars have united to make the long-awaited and eagerly anticipated Episode I of the Star Wars epic.
Star Wars: The Making of Episode I is your exclusive entree to the behind-the-scenes world where the wonders of the newest chapter in the Star Wars saga are brought to life by masters of movie-making magic. Join authors Laurent Bouzereau and Jody Duncan for a tour de Force through every fascinating facet of production on the dream project of the decade:
- A series of exclusive interviews with George Lucas as he discusses the genesis of the Star Wars story, from themes to scenes to dialogue
- The development of such classic characters as young Jedi student Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2-D2--plus intriguing newcomers Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala, and Jar Jar Binks
- The creation of new state-of-the-art creatures and special effects by the legendary Industrial Light & Magic team
- Pre-production: from storyboarding, set-building, and model-making to costume design and the casting of pivotal roles
- Post-production: Including editing, scoring, and combining computer generated effects with live-action footage
- Shooting in England, Italy, and Tunisia, with stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Natalie Portman
Lavishly illustrated throughout with hundreds of drawings and photographs, Star Wars: The Making of Episode I is the ultimate companion volume for fans of the film that launches the thrilling next phase in thisexciting saga.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: The Making of Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom MenaceUser Review - Graham Tomlinson - Goodreads
A good book for those interested in how these big budget films are made. Without going into great detail it gives you an insight into how the people involved invest up to 4 years of their lives in ... Read full review
Review: The Making of Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom MenaceUser Review - Greg of A2 - Goodreads
Better than the movie? (Couldn't resist) Read full review