The Retail Value Chain: How to Gain Competitive Advantage Through Efficient Consumer Response (ECR) Strategies
The internationalization and consolidation of retailing is turning the traditional retail industry on its head. International purchasing, fast and efficient operational models and new technologies constantly challenge retailers. Real price competition is just beginning. The Retail Value Chain analyzes the changes in the retail industry and the strategic options now open to companies. The book describes the key concepts of Efficient Consumer Response (ECR) and provides several illustrative cases to demonstrate the results.
This book explores the following topics:
• Why have hard discounters succeeded in many markets?
• What are the key success factors of premium retailing?
• How can traditional retailing respond to competition from new entrants?
• How will private labels change product development processes and the balance of power in the retail value chain?
• How can different manufacturers benefit from ECR-collaboration?
• How do retailers share and use information in collaboration with manufacturers?
• How will new technologies change the retail value chain?
What people are saying - Write a review
Change drivers in the retail value chain
Collaboration in the retail value chain
6 other sections not shown