A Guide to Graphic Print Production
Now completely revised to reflect the latest technology and trends, A Guide to Graphic Print Production, Second Edition is the complete guide to the entire process of print production, from early stages of conception and planning, to the technical stages of manufacturing and off press processing. Structured around the graphic print production flow, essential material is included for all aspects of the process including coverage of computers, chromatics, layouts, digital images, image editing, prepress, paper, printing, finishing and binding, and legal issues.
Environmental issues are also covered.
This new edition includes more than 400 new illustrations and has been expanded by over 100 pages. A practical reference to keep at your fingertips, this new edition includes:
* A complete overview of the entire graphic print production workflow
* Illustrated descriptions of techniques and applications
* Checklists and step-by-step descriptions
* Advice, tips. Guidelines and recommendations for every stage of design
* A glossary with more than 1,500 graphic terms
A Guide to Graphic Print Production, Second Edition is an ideal resource for students and professionals of graphic design, print production, production technology, and visual communication.