Think Publishing Limited, Jun 1, 2007 - Biotic communities - 320 pages
Discover unique ecosystems and species across the UK and Ireland; from the rolling English countryside and awe-inspiring Highlands of Scotland to spectacular coastlines and ancient forest and woodlands.
Combining stunning photography and expert knowledge, the reader is encouraged to get out and see first-hand the wilder side of Britain, whilst raising awareness about conservation and how they can help protect our precious natural heritage.
Broken down into regional areas, each section includes:
• An Introduction about its unique natural heritage
• Activities e.g. wildlife walks, conservation initiatives, volunteer projects, historical sites, family-friendly days out
• Box outs with key countryside highlights e.g. the Coastal path in Pembrokeshire National Park
• Wildlife highlights and seasonal advice on the area
• Stunning local photography
This easy to navigate guide encompasses the breadth and diversity of our island and will appeal to nature lovers both home and abroad.