Your Aching Back: A Doctor's Guide to Relief
Three out of five adults will experience significant back pain at some point in their lives, making back pain America's number-one ailment.
At last, Dr. Augustus White, one of the world's leading specialists in back pain and spine-related problems, has revised and updated his trusted and authoritative manual. This definitive edition of Your Aching Back offers the latest findings on back ailments and their treatments, giving information on:
* basic back mechanics
* the most common reasons for backache and the most likely sufferers
* the most current diagnostic techniques
* basic back self-care: nonsurgical and preventive techniques; home treatments
* surgery: the most up-to-date technology and procedures
* postoperative care: recuperative techniques and life-style management
* controlling back pain in the elderly, including spinal stenosis and osteoporosis
* alleviating back trauma in sports and dance
* reducing lower back pain to increase sexual activity and enjoyment
This comprehensive manual also includes a glossary of terms, answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding back pain, and predictions on the future of back care. Over 70 black-and-white line drawings illustrate various back conditions and treatments, completing this indispensable book.
Written in a nonintimidating and reassuring tone, Your Aching Back is designed to help you take control of your back condition and get relief.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.