Measure for Measure (Google eBook)
Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this powerful play that explores sexual hypocrisy and questions morality at all levels of society. This volume also includes more than a hundred pages of exclusive features, including:
• an original Introduction to Measure for Measure
• incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
• commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
• photographs of key RSC productions
• an overview of Shakespeare’s theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - amerynth - LibraryThing
While certainly not amongst my favorite of Shakespeare's plays, I did find "Measure for Measure" an enjoyable one. It's a dark comedy. Claudio and gets his fiance Juliet pregnant, so he is sentenced ... Read full review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - bell7 - LibraryThing
When the Duke leaves Vienna, he puts a deputy, Angelo, in charge. Angelo is a bit hard-nosed, and decides to revive some of the laws that have been largely ignored by both populace and ruler ... Read full review