You owe it to yourself to read this book before you choose a medical specialty!
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, 3rd edition delivers a well-researched, insider’s look at the complex issues medical students face when choosing a medical specialty. Supported by first-hand knowledge, useful facts and statistics – plus the author’s personal experience and gut-level reports from current residents -- this unique guide provides everything necessary to compare specialties and make a confident decision.
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, 3rd edition is divided into two sections: Part 1 Planning Your Medical Career delves into the main issues surrounding the choice of your medical specialty. These twelve chapters provide everything you need to begin making this major decision – from how to research each specialty to how to apply for residency. Part 2 Specialty Profiles features chapters devoted to each of the 20 major specialties. It provides important information such as the latest salary information, employment data, and match statistics.
- An “insider’s look” at different areas of medicine -- with specialty chapters written by physicians just out of residency training
- Candid and revealing descriptions of each specialty
- Profiles of the major specialties, including those to which you may have had little exposure, such as radiation oncology
- A concise, up-to-date guide to the residency application and matching process
- A chapter with valuable advice to help you maximize your success in obtaining a residency position in each field
- Updated to include alternative career paths for MDs, such as laboratory science, the military, MD/MBA, and MD/JD