Build Your Own Printed Circuit Board
FREE PCB SOFTWARE! The EagleCAD light software inside does all the tasks described in this book -- schematic capture, layout, and autorouting. Run it on Windows or Linux. DESIGN TO PRODUCTION -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN PCBs With Build Your Own Printed Circuit Board, you can eliminate or reduce your company's reliance on outsourcing to board houses, and cut costs significantly. Perfect for advanced electronics hobbyists as well, this easy-to-follow guide is by far the most up-to-date source on making PCBs. Complete in itself, the handbook even gives you PCB CAD software, on CD, ready to run on either Windows or Linux. (Some PCB software costs from $10,000 to $15,000!) STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS, AND A PRACTICE RUNTHROUGH Written by a PCB designer and electronics expert, Build Your Own Printed Circuit Board gives you absolutely everything you need to design and construct a professional-looking prototype or production-ready PCB files with modern CAD tools. You get:
* Instructions for every phase of project flow, from design schematics, sizing, layout, and autorouting fabrication
* The latest in PCB tips, tricks, and techniques
* Cutting-edge tactics for shrinking boards
* Guidance on generating CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) files to produce the board yourself or send it out
* A sample project, demonstrating all the book's techniques, that you can build and use in practical applications
* Discussions on using service bureaus to produce designs
* Expert comparison of CAD program options THE BEST GUIDE TO BUILDING YOUR OWN PCBs!
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Printed Circuit Fundamentals
111 other sections not shown
airwires apertures artwork autorouter board editor board house board layout board maker bottom button caliper CAM processor capacitors Chapter chemicals command line Computer-Aided Computer-Aided Manufacturing connect copper cost create Custom Libraries default define Design Rule Check design rules device dialog dots per inch draw Dremel drill bits Eagle Eagle's errors etching example ferric chloride Figure film Gerber files grid holes inches input integrated circuits laser printer Manufacturing menu mils options output package pads paper parameters PC boards photoplotter photoresist plotter polygon printed circuit board produce require resist resistor right-click Ripup rotate router routing schematic capture script side silk screen simply single-sided board solder mask step sure surface-mount components swap level toner tool toolbar traces two-sided boards ULPs User Language Programs usually vendors vias width wire