Making a Baby: Everything You Need to Know to Get Pregnant
You may have waited a long time. You may have tried and tried.
Now your chances of having a baby are better than ever!
There have been remarkable advances in fertility technology and choices in the last few years, with pregnancy success rates skyrocketing. Now Making a Baby provides the information you need to become your most fertile--and increase your chances for having the baby you've always wanted. Up-to-date, comprehensive, written with compassion and clarity, this book reveals how to protect, increase, and extend your fertility, with essential information on:
- The optimal frequency, timing, and sexual positions for getting pregnant
- Surprising new findings on which foods and exercise programs boost fertility--and which ones actually decrease your chances
- Advances in baby-boosting medications--and a complete assessment of risks, costs, and alternatives
- Breakthrough medical techniques that help achieve pregnancy without the risk of multiples
- Avoiding the common--and often hidden--threats to fertility at work, at home, and in public places
- Choosing the A.R.T. (assisted reproductive technology) that's right for you
- Special issues for midlife mothers
- What every man should know about his long-term reproductive health
- How to minimize emotional stress and keep your relationship strong
- How to work with your HMO to get the right treatments--at the right cost
This detailed, insightful, and meticulously researched book will help guide you to a wonderful new beginning as a parent!
What people are saying - Write a review
Making a Baby : Everything You Need to Know to Get PregnantUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Today, there are several hundred thousand in vitro fertilization (IVF) babies around the world, and new discoveries and techniques in the field of reproductive medicine increase the success rate every ... Read full review
Review: Making a Baby: Everything You Need to Know to Get PregnantUser Review - Sue - Goodreads
This is the first book of my "babies" reading phase! Read lots of books about pregnancy, breastfeeding, and raising babies. Very informative but hard to understand some of the medical jargon. Read full review