The Change Before the Change: Everything You Need to Know to Stay Healthy in the Decade Before Menopause
"What's happening to me?"
You're in the prime of life. As far as you know, menopause could be years away. So why is your body sending you such weird messages?
- Irregular periods you haven't seen since your teen years
- Mood swings, irritability, and worrisome memory glitches
- Stubborn extra pounds you just can't shed
- Hot flashes and insomnia that leave you tired all day
- And sex -- remember how it used to be?
If even one of these sounds familiar, you could be in perimenopause -- the change that precedes the change by as many as ten years. Has your doctor mentioned it? Shockingly, many still don't. But Dr. Laura Corio has "the talk" with every one of her patients when they reach age 35. And now, in this lively and solution-packed book, she shares her experience helping thousands of women navigate these years in peak physical and emotional health.
You'll learn the "hows -- up-to-the-minute options for getting your symptoms under control. You'll also learn the fascinating "whys -- from the subtle hormonal shifts that affect every part of your body to the impact of stress and diet. You'll get precise details on:
- Hormone treatment before menopause, including all the new, natural, and low-dose forms that are making this a safe choice for more women
- Herbs, soy, and other alternative therapies that are backed by solid medical research
- How perimenopause affects fertility -- and what to do if you want to get pregnant
- How your skin, hair, and nails reflect deeper changes -- and how to make them vibrant again
- Ways to combat cancer fears -- and what tests you absolutely must have
- Whether a high-protein diet is right for you -- and whatvitamins and minerals you should be taking
- What to do now to protect your breasts, uterus, bones, and heart in the years to come
Above all, The Change Before the Change puts you back in charge, with the confidence and resources you need to make the right decisions during these pivotal years.
23 pages matching abnormal in this book
Results 1-3 of 23
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: The Change Before The ChangeUser Review - Claire - Goodreads
This book was off the "free books" shelf at the library. I'll hang onto it for the future, if I am suffering from hot flashes and other pre and post menopausal symptoms. However, the author of this ... Read full review
Review: The Change Before The ChangeUser Review - Lauri - Goodreads
Gave me some leads just in time for next weeks dr. Appt. Read full review
Woman to Woman
BEFORE THE CHANGE
How Do I Know If Im in Perimenopause?
19 other sections not shown