With new entries and sensitive edits, this fifth edition places J.A. Cuddon’s indispensable dictionary firmly in the 21st Century.
- Written in a clear and highly readable style
- Comprehensive historical coverage extending from ancient times to the present day
- Broad intellectual and cultural range
- Expands on the previous edition to incorporate the most recent literary terminology
- New material is particularly focused in areas such as gender studies and queer theory, post-colonial theory, post-structuralism, post-modernism, narrative theory, and cultural studies.
- Existing entries have been edited to ensure that topics receive balanced treatment