The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
The long-awaited revised edition!
It's no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations. Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today's mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book's range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers
• real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
• new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
• strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
• reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
• recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
• helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
• nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
• guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: The Womanly Art of BreastfeedingUser Review - Kristen - Goodreads
Excellent reference book. Very informative. I learned things I didn't even know to ask or wonder about. Much more detailed than other books I've looked at. I also liked that there were women's ... Read full review
Review: The Womanly Art of BreastfeedingUser Review - Jessica Coughlin - Goodreads
I hated this book. It wasn't terribly helpful behind a few chapters in the book. It mainly is just trying really push the LLL agenda and makes you feel like if you don't do everything naturally and feed on demand that you're destined to fail. Read full review